- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Dry Bowl: Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cardamom together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Wet Bowl: In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together until incorporated. Mix in melted butter, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended.
4. Add the DRY bowl ingredients to the WET bowl ingredients. Mix using a spatula until incorporated.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop mounds of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 1/2-inches apart.
7. Bake cookies until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, about 12-16 minutes. (depending on the size of the cookie)
8. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.